Sunday, November 21, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!


HOLY SNOWFALL!! We were watching last night, and it kept falling and falling. This is what we woke up to this morning! I think poor Greg broke his back before he left for work, shoveling all the snow in the driveway!
After he left, the kids and I geared up.
This was Harper's "real first" time playing in the snow.

She has been very uncooperative (to put it nicely) about wearing her new boots. I mean, she runs screaming when she sees us with them! I think she finally got it today though. Ah-hah! You need boots so your feet won't get cold in the snow!
Cannon showed her how to make a snow angel....



She was mesmerized by the fluffy snow..... picking it up, and throwing it, and clapping it off her hands. We even showed her how to take a taste.... ONLY white snow though!

We of course had to build a snowman!
Then, just when they start to get cranky because they're too cold, we come in and make some hot chocolate. Both kids like lots of marshmallows! This was another first for Harper too. I think she liked it!




Man, look at that pile of wet clothes! A sure sign that we had a ton of fun! Welcome, Winter!!!Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mama T. said...

Hooray! So glad you had a fun time in the snow! Cute kids!

Kim said...

Elsie and Aaron are jealous! I'm not. ;)

Nicole said...

What a fun day for you all!

Nikki said...

Oh I love it!! Remember how fun it was to be a kid and to go out and play in the snow.

Erica said...

Such cute pictures!! I love watching kids play in the snow. I do not, however, love the wetness they bring back inside with them. And yesterday I caught Jordan filling up a watering can because he wanted to make an ice rink in the backyard. Awesome.