Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Filtered


Yesterday was a bad day. I was a YELLING Mom. I was an IMPATIENT Mom. I was a CRANKY Mom. Yuck. It was Yucky. For everybody.

Today, I was done feeling sorry for myself. Today, I focused on the good. Today, I focused on what was right in my world, rather than what's wrong.


I decided today would be a good day to take them out and snap some pictures of them. Snap. Snap. Snap. I snapped over 200 pictures and I SNAPPED right out of my funk.

Looking through that camera, I was removed just enough to realize some things:






:That they always listen to, talk to, and confide in each other.







:That they always like to be silly together. The sillier the better. Life is just that simple.












:They always giggle and laugh together. They make each other happy. They are siblings, and they will always have a history and a life to share.

















:..... and one day, a day that will come sooner than I think, they will grow up, and move away, and our lives will change. Change is good, but for the time being, I learned I need to get over myself and enjoy the little moments in life more often.

xoxo Cannon and Harper. Mamma loves you.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

tren said...

Oh, my goodness, I LOVE that third photo! Beautiful!

Messimoo said...

Ahhhhhh.....and they will always and forever be so stinkin' cute!!! Love you!!!

Erica said...

I hate mom days like that. I have them too, of course. They're ugly and I try to sweep them under the rug. Instead, you're right - I need to get over myself too. Your post brought tears to my eyes! You are wonderful, Piper, and you have such a beautiful family. I love you!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

You took some amazing pictures!! Yes, that day will come faster than you can blink your eyes. You are to be credited by creating this little moment and preserving it!

Megan said...

I think we ALL have those days, but the fact that you can "get over" it. I love that they have each other and always will! xoxo

Brooke said...

Thanks for the reminder! it's hard to see the good sometimes...i for one need to step back and do the same as you did! adorable kids!

Kim said...

Love you! Love your kids! You are such a great mom and example to everyone. :)