Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Harper's First Day of Preschool!



Holy cow I can't believe it! Harper is old enough to go to Mrs. Brown's Preschool!


We picked out her backpack and outfit weeks ago. And yesterday was finally the day! She will be gone 3 mornings a week, for 2 1/2 hours. It's a bit strange without my shadow!













She took off, out of the car. Here is the image burned on my heart. My baby, walking away from me! She doesn't need us so much anymore! She even said, "You guys don't have to walk me in!" Um, YES we do! At least on the first day anyway!









She went in and hung up her backpack, and found her name tag, and got right to work. And she waved at us, and we left, and that was it! No tears, from anyone! I can't believe I didn't cry.



I did cry this weekend though, when Harper got a big girl bed and we sold the crib/changing table set. A new chapter in life. My babies aren't babies any more.




After school, my mom, Austyn, Cannon and I went to pick her up. The kids were a little late coming out. That's typical, for the first day when they're learning about the new routines. BUT it seemed like it was taking a LONG time for the kids to come out. Finally, they started out, but NO HARPER. As each kid passed that wasn't mine, my panic rose. What if she was in trouble? What if she was hurt? What if she was having a dang hizzy fit, and wouldn't come out? (hey, it could really happen!) FINALLY, I saw her and Mrs. Brown, hurrying out. Relief! Guess what the hold up was?

"I had to pee, Mom!" Geez!


Then she commenced to tell us every single detail of her day.
And how she has lots and lots of friends, and how Mrs. Brown read them the BEST BOOK EVER. And how they sang songs, and did a dance, and Mrs. Brown even has tissue and hand sanitizer if she has a booger-snot. And how you're NOT supposed to pick your nose at school! ( I suppose she learned that first hand!)




Then we met Stacy at Sizzler for a celebratory lunch. Cheers, and great job Harper, you're on your way!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kim said...

That girl was ready!! That makes it so much more fun for you all.

Too cute!

Erica said...

When a girl's gotta go, a girl's gotta go! So glad that Harper had a great first day of preschool, and that there are many great days ahead!! Love that little girl! :o)

Jenn Gray said...

<3

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Way to go, Harper! It was a great start, and there are more to come. Your little girl is really growing big fast because she can already get to school without her mom accompanying her! That’s girl power! Keep it up, Harper!

>Kylee Barrow